- Catholic Charities Legal Assistance
- Primarily responsible for the daily and overall operations of CCLA's Legal Services Program. Responsibilities include supervising direct representation, brief services, and advice services provided by CCLA staff in the areas of law described in CCLA's Case Priority Guidelines;
- Responsible for and/or makes the needed recommendations for the hiring, discipline and performance evaluation of staff;
- Responsible for coaching, supervising, training, and professional development of staff, volunteers and interns;
- Responsible for assigning work to staff and guiding them to ensure the work is performed in an efficient, prompt, professional and accurate manner;
- Handles all client and employee complaints as well as crisis situations in consultation with his/her supervisory chain and in compliance with Agency/Programmatic policies and procedures and treats each case with sensitivity and expedience;
- Functions as a Senior Litigation Attorney and represents CCLA clients in court as well as various administrative, regulatory and other legal forums;
- Performs CCLA legal services, such as host legal advice desk or present legal seminars, at various Catholic Charities locations and partner agency sites throughout Cook and Lake County as needed by the Department;
- Participates in the Performance Quality Improvement process, which includes, but is not limited to, performing quality control case review;
- Maintains up to date and accurate client files and databases as required by Agency and Departmental policies and procedures, professional standards and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations; and
- Responsible for data collection, analysis and reports as assigned, including performing grant management.
Preferred Requirements: Juris Doctorate. Seven to ten years of experience as a practicing attorney and five to seven years in Legal Aid experience.
Minimum Requirements: Juris Doctorate. Five to seven years years of experience as a practicing attorney and three to five years in Legal Aid experience. Licensed to practice law in Illinois.
Other Requirements: Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.