OrganizationIllinois Legal Aid Online
LocationCan be done anywhere
Purpose: This position will assist ILAO, a nonprofit legal information provider, in effectively expanding the amount of Spanish legal content available to Latinos in Illinois. ILAO will be able to provide accurate and easy to understand legal articles to the Spanish-speaking community of Illinois. Allowing us to further our mission in continuing to help vulnerable individuals make educated legal decisions when hiring an attorney or legal aid access is not possible.
- Proficient knowledge of English & Spanish
- Ability to accurately translate & convey meaning of sensitive topics between both languages
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Translation experience or studies w/basic knowledge of translation processes and theories are preferred
- Dependability and confidentiality
- Familiarity with legal content is preferred
- Ability to accomplish project goals within the timeframes set and agreed upon
About the Organization
Illinois Legal Aid Online (ILAO) puts the law within reach for all, regardless of income or location. As the statewide legal services technology center, ILAO streamlines the delivery of free and pro bono legal services to lower-income Illinois residents, and delivers easy-to-understand legal information and help to those who can't afford a lawyer.
ILAO's mission is: to increase access to justice for lower-income and vulnerable Illinois residents through the innovative use of technology to assist and educate the public and to train and support legal aid providers and pro bono attorneys.
Illinois Legal Aid Online's programs provide essential legal services and support 24/7 to legal aid and pro bono attorneys, pro se litigants and lower-income individuals and families through its website.