This program will help you prepare your documents. It will ask you questions and you will enter your answers. At the end of the program, you will get a completed set of court forms with instructions that you can save and print.
Form completion time: 20 minutes to 40 minutes
You will not be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
To use this program, all of the following must be true:
- You and your spouse must agree on all of the terms of the dissolution;
- You must agree that your marriage/civil union has broken down and cannot be repaired;
- You must file court forms and appear in court together with your spouse;
- You or your spouse must be a resident of Illinois for the past 90 days;
- You or your spouse must be a resident of Cook County;
- You and your spouse must currently be living separate and apart;
- Your marriage/civil union cannot be longer than 8 years;
- You cannot have any children with your spouse;
- You or your spouse must not be pregnant by the other spouse, or in the process of adopting a child;
- You or your spouse cannot own any real estate;
- You and your spouse cannot hold any retirement benefits jointly and the combined value of any benefits either of you hold individually must be less than $10,000;
- The total marital property, minus debts, must be less than $50,000;
- You or your spouse individually cannot make more than $30,000 per year, before taxes;
- You and your spouse together cannot make more $60,000 per year, before taxes;
- You or your spouse must not depend on each other for support;
- You and your spouse must agree to waive the right to support;
- You and your spouse must disclose your tax returns to each other for each year of the marriage/civil union; AND
- You and your spouse must agree to divide all property you got during the marriage/civil union that is worth more than $100, and all debts taken on during the marriage/civil union.
To complete this program, you will need to know:
- Your spouse's current address;
- You and your spouse's yearly income; AND
- The value of the property and debts you got during the marriage or civil union.