Form completion time: 15 minutes to 30 minutes
You will be able to stop and save your work in the middle of the program.
To complete this program, you will need:
- The Property Identificion Number and legal description of the property;
- The names and addresses of the beneficiaries; AND
- The names and addresses of 2 witnesses, if known.
You can find your Property Identification Number ("PIN") at your County Clerk's Office, Assessor's Office, and sometimes at your county's website. If your property is in one of the counties below, click the link to look up your PIN:
You can find the legal description of the property in the property deed by going to the office of your County Recorder of Deeds or by searching for the deed on their website. For example, in Cook County, you would go to the Recorder of Deeds website and search for your deed using your PIN. You could then view an image of the deed which contains the legal description.
If your property is in one of the counties below, click the link to look up your deed:
- Cook County Recorder of Deeds
- Lake County Recorder of Deeds
- DuPage County Recorder of Deeds
- McHenry County Recorder of Deeds
If your property is in a different county, use a search engine like Google to find your county's Recorder of Deeds website and see if you can look up your deed for free online.